Sunday, January 30, 2011

"I don't have any guilt"

I enjoyed many of the articles from Against Health, particularly Klein's article as the opener for the other articles. His emphasis on an epicurean approach to life is something that I think is relevant to a great number of people. I felt his emphasis on the art of being healthy rather than the science of health is an important distinction that I think many Americans forget. They emphasize too much on being stressed about not being perfect, and following the latest diet fad than simply doing activities that they enjoy.

Julia Child's philosophy on food and guilt came to my attention while I was an undergrad. Her ideas about having good food but not overindulging i feel are great advice, and are partly responsible for me having some ice cream more than just once a year. I was happy to see her included in this book

No comments:

Post a Comment